INSURANCE AND FEES
I am an out-of-network provider which means that I do NOT contract with any insurance companies and therefore offer services fully independent of insurance companies. The benefit to this is the freedom to focus 100% on YOUR treatment needs. I customize your care and tailor your treatment plans to meet your goals, not the goals of insurance companies.
I provide monthly superbills, which do not guarantee reimbursement from your insurance company. Many times, insurance companies offer out-of-network reimbursement. The "superbill" provided will have all of the information needed to receive reimbursement from your insurance company if you have out-of-network benefits. I recommend that you call your insurance company and ask if you have out-of-network benefits and what your deductible is.
I accept all credit cards, including FSA and HSA cards. I use a HIPAA-compliant credit card processing program called Stripe to bill you or you can pay by Venmo or Zelle. Payment will be expected in full at the end of each session.
My fee is $275/session.
Sessions are typically 45 minutes long.
I do offer a need-based sliding scale fee which I am happy to discuss on an individual basis.
If out-of-network treatment is financially prohibitive, I am committed to connecting you with personalized referrals to low-fee or in-network individuals or clinics.
Checking your Insurance Benefits:
Contact your customer services number on the back of your insurance card to learn about your coverage and out of pocket costs. Questions you can ask your insurance representative include:
- Do I have out-of-network outpatient mental health coverage?
- What is my out-of-network deductible?
- What is my co-insurance rate for outpatient psychotherapy (% of reimbursement per session)?
- How many outpatient therapy sessions are allowed per calendar year?
- Am I eligible for coverage under the “2008 Timothy’s Law?” (This allows some members access to unlimited therapy sessions if they meet criteria for a biological based diagnosis)
- Do you require prior authorization for out-of-network outpatient therapy sessions? If so, please provide them with the date of our first session and my billing information below:
Whitney McMullan, LCSW
License Number: 084219
Tax ID: 812491934
- What is the process for submitting claims — Mail, Fax, or Online? Be sure to write down the proper address they provide for submitting.